Last Updated on: 6th July 2023, 06:06 am
If you are looking for a guide to creating a detailed moving checklist, you have definitely come to the right place! Our team of experts will help you out with this one without any problems. You will need your moving checklist in any case – hiring a moving company or not. However, it might be easier to do your relocation with the help of professional residential movers Santa Fe, NM. In any case, we sincerely hope that you will enjoy reading our guide as much as we did while writing it. Moreover, we also hope that you will find our guide useful and that you will create your checklist without any problems! There are some tips and tricks when this is concerned, but if you follow our guide you will have no problems with it! So, without any other ado, let us dive straight in!
Guide to creating a detailed moving checklist – two types of moving checklists
There is not only one type of relocation checklist. So, unless you want to pack your home in a day, you should make a good checklist and prepare well. However, your checklist will depend a lot from one of the two following options:
- Hire a moving company. A good idea would be to hire a moving company to complete your relocation for you. You can trust that your moving company will do the best possible work when it comes to your relocation. Moreover, your moving checklist will be a lot different once you do that. For example, you will not have to worry about adding transport and packing issues and solutions to your moving checklist if you hire a moving company. Furthermore, you will have much less work to worry about if you have a good checklist. Thus, a good idea would be to plan and organize in advance.
- Do your relocation on your own. If you are doing your move on your own, you will see that your checklist needs to be detailed and more precise. For example, you will need to include packing services, transport methods, storage, etc. However, if you fully understand how relocation works, you should not have any issues when this is concerned. Namely, you will need to take at least a few days to plan and to prepare for your relocation. Then, you will need to double-check your finances and your current situation in terms of time and you will be good to go!
Some things your checklist must include
Whether or not you are hiring a moving company, you will still have to do packing (unless you pay for the packing services as well). This is why you will need a perfect checklist. Moreover, you can make a special packing checklist as well! Simply, you can list all of your important and big items and you can focus your relocation around them. Needless to say, you can always visit Amazon to purchase moving boxes in order to make this simpler. Of course, you will need professional moving boxes and supplies and you can get all of that Online. The better equipment you have, the safer your relocation is going to be!
Your packing checklist should also contain a packing order as well. The best packing order would be to start from your essential items first and then your small items. All you need to do after is to make sure that you keep packing things by their size – from the smallest to the biggest items. Of course, you will not be able to pack everything on your own.
Some kitchen appliances or bunk beds require at least two or three other people to help you out. In any case, you should worry about that when you are making your checklist. Just make sure to add everything you will need to it. It will help both with your packing and unpacking after moving.
Guide to creating a detailed moving checklist – More details
So, your moving checklist should be detailed in the full meaning of the word. There is no use of making a checklist if you are going to skip steps or miss out on something. That would only hinder your move. For example, make it look like this:
- Sort everything out. Start with one room and sort your belongings on your checklist.
- Separate. You will not relocate EVERYTHING you own, so separate your “junk items” from valuable ones.
- Clean. You also need to clean everything prior to your move.
- Contact your moving company again. It is never a bad idea to double-check with your moving company every now and then. It might help in recognizing fraudulent moving companies as well.
- Count your packing supplies again. This is very important – plus, it will help you with double-checking everything once again.
The list can be as long or as short as you see fit. However, make sure to include everything or you might regret it later. A good idea would be to have a backup plan for almost everything. This is why relocation, in general, can be hard.
While you are working on your moving checklist, do not forget to get enough storage space for everything you will need. Having enough storage space is crucial for your move, remember this! You will need a lot of it and you will need it either before or after your move. In any case, you can relocate your spare items inside your storage and focus on something else. There are many different ways you can use your storage. Make sure to know them all!
Guide to creating a detailed moving checklist – conclusion
In the end, we sincerely hope that you have enjoyed our guide to creating a detailed moving checklist. In any case, we are certain that you will use this information in the best possible manner. For everything else, you can call professional movers in Santa Fe, and they can help you out. Remember, relocation is not easy, but you can make it easier for you! Good luck with everything!