Last Updated on: 26th December 2023, 03:51 pm
With a low cost of living, beautiful architecture, and some of the country’s best outdoor attractions, Albuquerque is a great place for seniors and retirees. You can find dozens of retirement communities in Albuquerque, each with its own amenities and special qualities.
But before you call senior movers in Albuquerque, you should learn a little more about Albuquerque retirement communities. Here’s your guide on the best 55 plus communities in Albuquerque NM.
What Is a 55+ Community?
A 55+ community is a condo or apartment complex, gated community, or mobile home community for active adults over the age of 55. 55 and older communities in Albuquerque are restricted to households with at least one person 55 years of age or older, but households can include children, pets, and unmarried romantic partners. Over 55 communities in Albuquerque call themselves active adult communities or retirement communities, but you do not need to be retired to live in over 55 communities in Albuquerque.
Independent living communities are intended for adults who need help with daily life tasks. If you live an active lifestyle and want complete independence, you should opt for 55 and older communities in Albuquerque.
Benefits of Living in Albuquerque Retirement Communities
Albuquerque retirement communities have numerous benefits, including:
- Quiet and safe places to live; some Albuquerque New Mexico retirement communities are gated, while others have security personnel who can respond to emergencies
- Affordable housing, including apartments and mobile homes
- Low-maintenance home options with free landscaping and housekeeping
- Luxurious amenities, including on-site restaurants, salons, exercise centers, and rentable clubhouses
- Active social calendars with parties, lectures, and holiday celebrations
- Close proximity to Albuquerque attractions, restaurants, and public transportation
- Strong sense of community, diversity, and fun
Some Albuquerque 55+ communities have amenities and homes you can find in other communities, so you should compare your options together.
Jubilee at Los Lunas | Best Albuquerque Retirement Community for Outdoor Enthusiasts and Luxury Homes
Jubilee at Los Lunas (also called Jubilee Los Lunas) is a gated community in Los Lunas, a village 24 miles southwest of Albuquerque. Nearly 1,500 acres of open space surround Jubilee Los Lunas, making it one of the best 55 and over communities in Albuquerque NM for outdoor enthusiasts. El Cerro de Los Lunas Preserve is just outside Jubilee and contains walking and hiking trails, including ones that lead up mountain peaks. El Cerro is considered by many residents to be one of the best places in New Mexico for nature lovers.
Jubilee at Los Lunas offers luxurious homes for sale centered around an 11,000-square-foot clubhouse reserved for Jubilee residents. You can rent rooms in the Jubilee Los Lunas clubhouse for special events or club meetings, and you can find numerous unique amenities in the building, including an archery range. Jubilee Los Lunas HOA fees go toward maintaining the grounds and organizing special events.
You can pick from eight different floor plans, each with its own stylish and contemporary features. Jubilee Los Lunas homes for sale have kitchens with breakfast nooks, multiple living rooms, and master bathrooms with jetted tubs. Most homes for sale in Jubilee Los Lunas NM have open floor plans, making your home wheelchair-friendly and low-maintenance.
- Jubilee Los Lunas address: 500 Jubilee Boulevard, Los Lunas, NM, 87031
- Phone: 505-866-1777
- Amenities: Archery range, basketball and bocce courts, billiards room, clubhouse, fitness center with aerobics and dance studios, horseshoe pits, library, pickleball courts, swimming pool with hot tub
- Housing: Two and three-bedroom Jubilee Los Lunas homes for sale
- Pricing: Two-bedroom homes for sale in Jubilee Los Lunas NM start at $329,900; three-bedroom homes start at $399,900
Overture Albuquerque | Well Furnished Apartments With Diverse Social Programs and Activities
Overture Albuquerque is one of the best 55+ communities in Albuquerque NM for apartment homes. You can choose from 21 different floor plans for one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, allowing you to customize your home as you wish. All Overture apartments are pet-friendly for dogs and cats. They also contain luxurious amenities like built-in pantries, nine-foot ceilings, and walk-in showers.
Overture Apartments Albuquerque is an active living community with a full social calendar. You can enjoy fitness and art classes that teach you about tai chi, scrapbooking, and card games. You can attend social hours, movie nights, and happy hours throughout the week. Staffers take suggestions for special events and adjust the calendar accordingly.
Overture Albuquerque is just south of State Road 423 and east of Interstate 25, making it one of the best Albuquerque NM retirement communities for commuters. Overture Apartments is in an area with many stores and restaurants, including Tomato Cafe, a family-friendly Italian restaurant that offers discounts for people who are at least 65 years old.
- Address: 6441 Palomas Avenue Northeast, Albuquerque, NM, 87109
- Phone: 505-288-3192
- Amenities: Arts studios, business center and meeting room, bistros and cafes, chef kitchens for cooking classes and wine tastings, fitness centers, game room, rentable spaces, swimming pool with hot tub, theaters and media rooms, yoga and tai-chi studios
- Housing: One and two-bedroom apartment homes for rent
- Pricing: One-bedroom units start at $1,704 a month; two-bedroom units start at $2,450 a month
Vineyard 55 Plus Community | Most Affordable Homes for Rent in Retirement Communities in Albuquerque NM
Vineyard 55 Plus Community is a mobile home community that is age-restricted for people 55 years of age and older. Vineyard Albuquerque offers the most affordable homes in Albuquerque retirement communities; the average rent is $560 a month, which is nearly three times lower than the city’s average rent. Rent includes water, sewer, and trash services. The Vineyard Albuquerque contains 200 mobile homes, all of which can accommodate small house pets like cats and puppies. Vineyard Plus 55 Community mobile homes contain three bedrooms and full kitchens, giving you more space than most 55 and older communities in Albuquerque.
Vineyards Albuquerque is a gated community with 24/7 on-site staffers, so it is one of the safest retirement communities in Albuquerque NM. Vineyard Albuquerque is very walkable, with paved sidewalks and a grid-like structure to the streets. The community has off-street parking, so there is very little traffic congestion.
Vineyard 55 Plus Community in Albuquerque, NM is in a predominantly residential area, creating a quiet living environment. However, it is within driving distance of a shopping district that contains major stores like Home Depot, Costco, and REI.
- Address: 6118 Edith Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM, 87107
- Phone: 505-345-1995
- Amenities: Billiards room, clubhouse, fitness center, heated pool, library, on-site RV storage
- Housing: Three-bedroom mobile homes for rent
- Pricing: Rent starts at $300 a month
Affinity at Albuquerque | Best Albuquerque 55+ Community for Golfers and Special Events
Affinity is close to the northern border of Albuquerque, making it a good choice if you want to stay within the city limits but don’t want to live near the downtown area. It’s close to several notable communities near Albuquerque, including North Valley. Affinity at Albuquerque is also within driving distance of several major parks and golf courses, including Paradise Hills Golf Course, the only privately owned public golf course in the city.
You can pick from several different floor plans, but all Affinity apartments have an exterior patio, a fully furnished kitchen, and a washer/dryer. You receive cable, Wi-Fi, utilities, and other amenities by paying rent every month. The Affinity staff manages an active event calendar with bingo sessions, charity drives, holiday parties, and additional events you can’t find in other 55+ communities in Albuquerque. The Affinity complex has a security team that monitors guests, giving you a safe and quiet environment to live in.
- Address: 10700 Fineland Drive Northwest, Albuquerque, NM, 87114
- Phone: 505-247-0601
- Amenities: Billiards room, crafts studio, dog park and spa, fitness center, game room, indoor pool and spa, internet cafe, movie theater, outdoor barbeque area, pub, workshop
- Housing: Studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments for rent
- Pricing: Studio Affinity apartments start at $1,660 a month; one-bedroom units start at $1,840 a month; two-bedroom units start at $2,100 a month
Albuquerque Meadows | Most Affordable Homes for Sale in 55 and Older Communities in Albuquerque NM
Albuquerque Meadows is a mobile home community with 430 single and double-wide lots in northeastern Albuquerque. The Albuquerque Meadows mobile home community has the most affordable homes for sale in 55+ communities in Albuquerque; you can buy brand-new three-bedroom homes for less than $80,000. Many Albuquerque Meadows homes for sale have front-facing windows with ample natural light, and bedrooms are located toward the back to provide shade at night. Albuquerque Meadows homes contain several ceiling fans so you can stay cool during the summer, and you can buy properties with additional perks like spacious dens.
Staffers provide numerous services to residents, including free mail delivery and on-call home maintenance. They also maintain an activities calendar and oversee clubs, including needle-work groups, Good Samaritan’s organizations, and Bible studies. If you don’t want to participate in public events, you can walk or bike on the community’s private streets. Albuquerque Meadows is a gated community, so you don’t have to worry about traffic or tourists. The Albuquerque Meadows mobile home community is located on Interstate 25, so you can commute to work or drive to nearby Albuquerque restaurants and attractions, including Cliff’s Amusement Park, a kid-friendly summer amusement park.
- Address: 7112 Pan American Freeway Northeast, Albuquerque, NM, 87109
- Phone: 505-821-1991
- Amenities: Art and ceramics room, billiards hall, clubhouse, fitness center, indoor shuffleboard table, library, outdoor patio with firepits, pickleball courts, poker and bingo tables, pool and ping pong tables, swimming pool with hot tub
- Housing: One, two, and three-bedroom mobile homes for sale
- Pricing: One-bedroom homes start at $65,995; two-bedroom and three-bedroom homes start at $79,995
Three Fountains Apartments | Low-Maintenance, Guest-Friendly, and Affordable Senior Apartments
Three Fountains is just east of downtown Albuquerque. It is well known for its on-site maintenance and management team that can respond to emergencies promptly. Three Fountains apartments are smaller than in other 55 plus communities in Albuquerque NM, making them good for singles and couples who are not moving with many items. All units are pet-friendly, and you can play with your dog in an on-site pet park. All Three Fountains apartments also contain a dishwasher, an energy-efficient heating and cooling system with ceiling fans, and a spacious refrigerator.
Three Fountains is open to guests. Guest rooms are available in the community, so your friends and out-of-town visitors can stay over. Your guests can also swim in Three Fountains Apartments Albuquerque’s four on-site pools, work out in the fitness center, and eat meals in your apartment.
- Address: 2208 Lester Drive Northeast, Albuquerque, NM, 87112
- Phone: 505-299-0076
- Amenities: Billiards room, business center, clubhouse, fitness center, laundry facilities, on-call and on-site maintenance and management, pet park, two heated indoor pools, two outdoor swimming pools
- Housing: Studio, penthouse, one, and two-bedroom apartment homes for rent
- Pricing: Studio apartments start at $885 a month; one-bedroom apartments start at $980 a month; two-bedroom apartments start at $1,175 a month
El Paseo Apartments | Best Low Income Senior Housing in Albuquerque
El Paseo Apartments is a 55+ community reserved for low-income seniors. If you’re moving by yourself, you must have an income of $33,600 a year or less. Households with two occupants can have a household income of up to $38,400. A one-bedroom apartment costs up to $830 a month, while a two-bedroom apartment costs up to $986 a month.
El Paseo is one of the most luxurious low-income communities in Albuquerque. All apartments have central air conditioning and heating systems you can use whenever you want. They also have spacious kitchens with breakfast bars, walk-in closets in the bedrooms, and a washer and dryer. You can bring small pets into your apartments as well.
El Paseo Apartments is one block away from State Road 423, so you can travel easily to various Albuquerque neighborhoods and towns near Albuquerque. El Paseo is also a short walk from the Los Ranchos/Journal Center Rail Runner Station, which provides access to downtown Albuquerque.
- Address: 301 El Pueblo Road Northwest, Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM, 87114
- Phone: 505-922-9600
- Amenities: Heated swimming pool with hot tub, on-site maintenance and management, planned events calendar
- Housing: One and two-bedroom apartment homes for rent
- Pricing: One-bedroom apartments cost $830 a month; two-bedroom apartments cost $986 a month
Map of Retirement Communities in Albuquerque New Mexico
You can use this map to find the best retirement communities in Albuquerque New Mexico as well as nearby attractions and restaurants.
Retirement communities in Albuquerque are affordable, stylish, and luxurious! They offer amenities, security, and comfort you can’t find in traditional Albuquerque homes for sale, and you can compare options for the best possible living experience. If you’re moving with your family, you can enjoy living in Jubilee Los Lunas and Overture Albuquerque. If you’re looking for affordable over 55 communities in Albuquerque, you can find a home at Albuquerque Meadows and an apartment at El Paseo.
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of 55 plus communities in Albuquerque NM, you should talk to a professional Albuquerque moving company. Pro-Move Logistics has maintained a moving claims rate of less than 1% over 15 years in the moving industry. Get a free moving estimate by calling 505-471-3434.